Animal Crossing is a game series where the player takes on the role of a human who moves into town and starts living with their animal friends. The player can explore, fish, and collect new items while living in a world that changes with their actions.
Animal Crossing was first released in Japan on June 24th 2004, as part of the Nintendo DS video game. It was then released internationally as Animal Crossing: Let’s Go to the City for Wii on November 18th 2009, which is also known as Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS on June 9th 2016, and finally for Switch on December 20th 2017.
Animal crossing: What Time of Year Does Jingle Come In?
Jingle is a reindeer that comes into town around Christmastime. He leaves behind his favorite toys, bells, which you can collect every day until he comes back the next year. Although this is December everyone says its too early for jingle because it’s still fall, here’s why.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS the player can customize their town and surrounding areas as they see fit. In order to reach a new part of your town you have to explore it, similar to games like Minecraft . So if someone wanted to explore November before Christmas, there would be no problem doing that, if you were to go beyond the winter mountains that is. Although, if you go too far up north, winter touches your town and the flowers die.
Snow melts in spring and grass grows back in fall; that’s just how Animal Crossing works. There is a clear transition between seasons and that makes it feel like each season has its own unique feel to it, especially when Santa comes to town.
When you reach the top of your town in New Leaf, there are iced mountains. These areas are typically inaccessible until it’s December when they thaw out and become available for exploration. If you go beyond these mountains then you reach the cutoff to snow-covered land, that will also be blocked off until December.
So how do you know if Jingle is on his way? Well it’s not like Santa Claus leaves a letter in your town saying he’s on his way, but there are subtle clues like:
– The temperature drops and the snow comes down harder.
– All of the trees have snow over them.
– The trees start to lose their leaves as it’s getting colder.
– The mountain areas look a lot different and might even have frozen waterfalls.
If you don’t believe me, check out this clip from IGN where they do a time lapse of Animal Crossing’s changes throughout the year. Jingle does come in December so it’s not too early for Christmastime.
– Animal crossing has a calculator/clock feature that allows you to see time and dates. You can also make it so the sun rises and sets at specific times. So if you wanted to play as if it’s winter all year round, you can do that too!
– In Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS, Jingle does go beyond the mountain cutoff to snow-covered land.
– In Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS, the trees have snow on them from about mid-December up until early February where everything starts to look normal again.
– After a year has passed in Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS a new game with new villagers starts over.
– If you want to hunt down Jingle in Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS, keep an eye out around the Train Station! He comes on December 5th at 8pm.
Animal Crossing: What Time of Year Does Jingle Come In? Jingle comes in mid December like everyone says, but there’s nothing wrong with exploring your town before then. Also I hope nobody minds my punctuation and grammar; this was my first article and I’m glad to be apart of the team!